One of the most exciting things for gamers everywhere is E3. And EA, one of the biggest companies at E3 has released their lineup for the annual conference. There have been some exciting titles announced.
Star Wars Battlefront 2 – Battlefront returns, this time with some of the newest characters in the Star Wars franchise. This time around there’s Rey, Darth Maul, and classics like Boba Fett and Luke Skywalker.
Madden 18 – Longshot – The Madden franchise is well known, to say the least. And this newest addition will add even more to that legacy. This time, instead of just a football game, it will be story driven and cinematic.
FIFA 18 – Play your favorite teams as you vie for the glory of a World Cup title. FIFA is well known as the best soccer game franchise. There is also a career mode, where you can follow a single player as he goes through his career.
Need for Speed Payback – Need for Speed is one of the best known, and most loved racing franchises. The games are on point, and beautiful, and this newest edition will be no different. From the exotic cars to the hot rods, the vehicles are as beautiful as they are impressive.
Anthem – A completely new game from BioWare, Anthem looks impressive. Do your best to survive in a post-apocalyptic world with your mech. It certainly looks to be an impressive new adventure.
A Way Out – A new indie game, with three modes, split-screen, co-op, or online. It looks to be a very unique experience as you view the narratives of two different characters side-by-side. Freedom is the goal of this game, and you may have to do some not so pleasant things to get it.
Electronic Arts was among the first companies to present its future offerings to fans and investors at this year’s E3. Here are some of the highlights from its presentation:
- “Star Wars Battlefront II” will feature Rey, Darth Maul, Boba Fett, Luke Skywalker and other characters from both trilogies and the Disney-era films. The game will also feature a story mode that tells the story of an as-yet-unnamed female soldier affiliated with the villainous First Order; this character’s motivation will be a quest for revenge against the Resistance for its actions against the Empire.
- “Madden 18” features a “Longshot” mode that will add a new, cinematic approach to football, complete with full motion capture technology. This game will use the Frostbite game engine that has been seen in titles like “Dragon Age: Inquisition” and “Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare.”
- “FIFA 18” gains a single-player story mode that has players controlling the career of Alexander, a rookie player with aspirations of making it into one of the world’s greatest soccer clubs.
- The “Need for Speed” franchise gains another installment in Need for Speed: Payback. A preview of the title’s gameplay focused on a pair of car thieves in the American southwest. The video highlighted the pair’s attempts to carjack a supercar being transported by a diesel truck and proceeded to emphasize the level of detail put into the destruction of various vehicles, culminating in the implication that criminal driving will be pursued not only by rival criminal games but also by aircraft. Need for Speed: Payback is set for a November release.
- As an original IP instead of a sequel, “Anthem” seems to be a rarity among Electronic Arts. EA’s presentation of this new “Bioware” title revealed a futuristic post-apocalypse filled with mechanical exosuits and a civilization struggling to make it through each day within sprawling walled cities of metal. Much like Madden 18, Anthem will utilize the Frostbite engine.