If you aren’t one of the lucky ones with innate style sense, cheat it. Most of us need to. I long to be as chic as an Italian baker or French cashier, but alas, I am not.
Who What Wear lays out the best pairing matches below to build a daily style strategy. The list is only a beginning point. If you see something you like on the street or online, write it down or snap an incognito picture. Also, sort through all of the ideas you have gathered in your social media accounts. Look through your Pinterest style board, your favorite Instagram accounts, and Polyvore outfits for ideas. Add all of the styling ideas to the list below and keep it near your closet. Make sure to leave plenty of room at the bottom to be able to always add more ideas. Having a reference point in the morning makes keeping your outfits fresh simple. Simple is exactly how I like my mornings.
Outfit Inspiration List: 6 Outfits to Start With
1. Make a pleated metallic skirt more casual with a jean jacket.
2. Go old school and pair wide flared jeans with a varsity letter bomber jacket.
3. High waist jeans can be cuffed and styled with a classic striped blouse and a black leather belt with a logo buckle for a chic daytime look.
4. Make a maxi dress a bit Downtown by pairing it with a leather jacket and high-top sneakers.
5. Formalize a lace dress with a blazer and belt. You can pair with boots or heels.
6. Pair a bright fur coat with a simple, classic pleated miniskirt to keep the focus on the coat.
Sign-up for a VIP Membership at JustFab and have outfits picked out for you each month. The subscription sends you handbags, tops, slacks, skirts, denim, and jewelry to your doorstep each month. You can edit which pieces to receive in your personalized online boutique. If there is a particular look you like, make sure to write down the pairing on your brand new closet outfit list near your closet.